Company: Gonzalez-De La Garza & Associates, LLC
Location: San Antonio, TX
Gonzalez-De La Garza & Associates, LLC (GD) is a Texas-based civil engineering consulting and surveying services firm with offices in McAllen, TX, and Oklahoma City, OK, providing civil design, survey, and general construction services to the private and public sectors since 2006.
GD offers a full array of employee benefits to include medical, dental, vision, PTO, holiday pay, etc.
Successful candidate will provide engineering design services for roadway/highway plans from conceptual stage to final documents for interstate and local road/street projects and will assist and review the work of others on the team. Provides design of cross-sections, traffic control plans, signage and striping, traffic signals, SWPPP, basic hydraulics, and/or drainage.
- Bachelor of Science in civil engineering or similar (required).
- Professional Engineering P.E. license in the state of Texas or the ability to obtain a Texas P.E. license within one (1) year of hire (required).
- Minimum 5-10 years of progressive experience in civil engineering design including: drainage, transportation and/or traffic.
- PS&E development and project cost estimating.
- Familiarity with local TxDOT or DOT, county and municipal design requirements and permitting.
- Proficiency with: MicroStation GEO-PAK, HEC-HMS, TR-55, HEC-RAS, and XP-SWMM is a plusP.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently while maintaining strong attention to detail with limited supervision.
- Ability to focus on the details of a project while understanding the big picture from the project team perspective.
- Ability to work within a team to coordinate assignments.
- Technical writing abilities applied to reports and proposals.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff.
- Efficiently utilize time in executing assigned tasks accurately, on schedule, and within budget.
- Effectively interact with clients, vendors, and staff at all levels.
- Excellent communication, organization and customer service are essential.
GD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, creed, belief, or political affiliation.
If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org