Immediate Opening for an RPLS Survey Position at Gonzalez-De La Garza!June 28, 2018
GD is looking for a Survey Party Chief!January 16, 2019
Quality Control/Site Safety Health Officer
Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Contract Labor, with option for company employment depending on additional work. Current contract length approximately 8 to 18 months.
- Graduate Engineer, graduate architect, or a graduate of construction management, with a minimum of 5 years construction quality control experience.
- Minimum of 10 years construction experience, of which a minimum of 5 years’ experience must be in the construction quality control on construction similar to this contract.
- Instructor-signed OSHA 30- hour training card; Either The 30-hour OSHA General Industry safety class or 30-hour OSHA Construction Industry safety or, as an equivalent, formal construction or industry safety and health training covering the subjects of the OSHA 30-hour course and the EM 385-1-1.
- Proof of employment for:
(1) Five (5) years of continuous construction industry safety experience in supervising/ managing general construction (managing safety programs or processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls), or
(2) Five (5) years of continuous general industry safety experience in supervising/managing general industry (managing safety programs or processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls), or
(3) If the SSHO has a Third-Party, Nationally Accredited (ANSI or National Commission for Certifying Agencies – NCCA) SOH-related certification, only 4 years of experience is needed. > See Appendix Q for list of certifications.
- SSHOs shall maintain competency through having taken 8 hours of documented formal, on-line, or self-study safety and health related coursework every year. Examples of continuing education activities that meet this requirement are: writing an article, teaching a class, reading/writing professional articles, attendance/participation in professional societies/meetings, etc.
- Must be able to pass background check, have clean motor vehicle record and must be able to obtain access to military base.
- Vehicle and phone allowance will be provided for length of contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with leading the GD construction and sub-contractors under the management of the Senior PM
- Prepare and/or review pay applications
- Coordinate/attend progress and project meetings
- Maintain project milestones and deadlines
- Coordinate with clients on project details
- Maintain required construction certifications for compliance with federal or other public agencies
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume with references to: