- 4800 Fredericksburg Rd., Ste. 200SL, San Antonio, TX 78229
Gonzalez-De La Garza & Associates, LLC (GD) is a Texas-based civil engineering consulting and surveying services firm with offices in San Antonio, TX; McAllen, TX; and Oklahoma City, OK, providing civil design, survey, and construction phase services to the private and public sectors since 2006.
GD offers a full array of employee benefits to include medical, dental, vision, PTO, holiday pay, etc.
Successful candidate will provide engineering design services for preparation of plans for municipal projects to include street design as well as water and sanitary sewer design and will assist and review the work of others on the team. Provides design of water distribution/transmission mains and sanitary sewer collection mains, municipal roadway design for City and County projects to include roadway plans and cross-sections, traffic control plans, signage and striping, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), basic hydrology and hydraulic design and preparation of plans for storm sewer pipes and channels along with the preparation of associated construction cost estimates. It is also desirable for the candidate to be familiar with COSA and SAWS Construction Specifications along with TCEQ regulations as well as with the preparation of Water Pollution Abatement Plans (WPAP).
- Bachelor of Science in civil engineering or similar (required).
- Professional Engineering P.E. license in the state of Texas or the ability to obtain a Texas P.E. license (required).
- Minimum 4-10 years of progressive experience in civil engineering design including: utilities, civil site work, drainage and transportation.
- Familiarity with local TxDOT, county and municipal design requirements and permitting.
- Familiarity with the following is a plus! Hydrologic & Hydraulic (H&H) modeling software preferred: HEC-HMS, HEC-GeoRAS, TR-55, HEC-RAS, Flow Master, Culvert MasterStorm CAD, Infoworks, and XP-SWMM.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation GEO-PAK is a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently while maintaining strong attention to detail with limited supervision.
- Ability to focus on the details of a project while understanding the big picture from the project team perspective.
- Ability to work within a team to coordinate assignments.
- Technical writing abilities applied to reports and proposals.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff.
- Efficiently utilize time in executing assigned tasks accurately, on schedule, and within budget.
- Effectively interact with clients, vendors, and staff at all levels.
- Excellent communication, organization and customer service are essential.
GD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, creed, belief, or political affiliation.
If interested, please forward resume to email@example.com